Friday, April 23, 2010

Soulmates - fact or fiction?

Despite the fact that I had my heart rather set on writing about Christians being judgmental, I find myself struggling to find the words to properly discuss it at this point in time, so for now, it's being shelved in favor of following up on one of Greg's most recent articles on his blog.

As Christians, we know that God sets up opportunities for us to meet people, blesses us with friendships, and even places specific people in our lives to witness to us. We know that Ananias was called by God to heal and evangelize to the apostle formerly known as Saul, and I'm fairly certain that neither of these men were chosen at random.

I find it hard pressed to believe that God would truly allow the marriage process to be as random as pulling shirts out of a rack and finding ones that fit. The idea that there isn't one person out there that God has specifically chosen for me to marry seems to imply that we, as potential husbands and wives, are simply interchangeable parts. With marriage being the second most important relationship I will ever have before I shuffle off this mortal coil, I just can't imagine that God would be so laissez-faire about my happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment