Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inspired by the world's greatest muse

The thoughts swirl in my mind
as a kaleidoscope of emotions,
some fleeting, some eternal.
I’m left flushed, still in awe.

There are countless aspects
that both empower and overwhelm.
Old feelings resurface, new are born,
From renaissance of heart to feral libido.

The haste leaves me wondering,
is this what they call “meant to be”
or is it simply childish ambition?
It’s real to me, but what do I know?

Mercilessly hounding my sanity
this myriad of feelings confound.
I question reality, my place in it.
Tell me, are you real? Is this?

I can continue to question,
but persistence won’t yield much.
So for now I accept this for what it is
A mystery, beautiful nonetheless.

----

I wrote this on December 19th, 2004, 12 days after I came to recognize God's existence and subsequently set myself to dedicating my life to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! I still remember the time you came to follow Christ. I'm so glad you chose Him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete